Friday, August 8, 2008

Prayer Needed

Curtis and I just got a phone call from his mom. Curtis's cousin Courtney (23yrs old) was in a car accident on his way to York this evening. We don't have any details as of yet. Courtney's mom and brother are driving up to York as I'm writing this. I'll know more in about an hour. Please Pray for there safety as they drive up to York. Let there minds be calm as their driving. Courtney's a young kid with his whole life in front of him. Pray he will be okay. Thank you in advance for all the wonderful support and prayers!! I'll keep you posted as we get the information.
UPDATE:
Just spoke to Curtis's mom. Let's give thanks, Courtney is awake. From what I understand the doctors are a little worried about his head. I guess what happened was another car was blinded by the sun and crossed the line and hit Courtney head on. There has been so much tragedy for so many families these last couple of weeks. I know we have a young man in our community Donnie Moats, who's family has been through so much already died this week. Another accident on the road. As we give thanks for Courtney being alive please remember to pray for this family, The Moats for the loss there dealing with. Please pray Courtney will be okay. As we know the head is very hard to damage lets hope this holds true. If any of you know Courtney you know he's strong and will fight to get through this. Please keep this family in your thoughts and prays. I'll let you know what's going on when I find out.

Prayer Request for Donnie's Family:
Hello Jenn, could you please send this out to our Mom2Mom prayer warriors? We have again experienced a death in our extended family. Yesterday, August 6, my brother-n-law (Dan Larson), his nephew was killed in a motorcycle accident on RT. 11 in Shippensburg. He is survived by a 6 year old daughter, Mia Moats, sister Casandra "Cassie", and his mom and dad, and also his grandmother, who just recently lost her husband about a month ago. The family is taking it very hard, and the mom and sister are struggling with faith in God. Also, please pray for my sister Lynne, Dan, Andrew, and Tyler Larson, who have had more than enough tragedy in their lives. The boys especially need our prayers right now. This has brought up a lot of raw emotions that have not had time to heel since the death of Timothy and Ethan only less than 1 year ago. Since September of 2007, the boys have had the death of a grandmother, 2 grandfathers, 2 friends, and 1 cousin. I don't know about you but I think that is too much for kids to process at such young ages. I know that trying to teach your children about the facts of life is a challenge in its own, but having to actually live it out is way much harder. The emotions that you have to deal with and experience is hard enough as an adult, I can't imagine how are little ones cope. It is only by the grace of God that we get through tough times like this. I can't imagine a life without God. Just knowing that God promises to be with us no matter what we go through is very comforting. I hope that you will add this to your prayer request list. I really appreciate it and knowing that someone out there is praying for you is very comforting also. Thanks again,
Tricia Eckert

1 comments:

Little Patch of Heaven said...

Your family is in my thoughts today.